first new dish

so for christmas a very exciting gift is my new cook book...get real 30 minute meals rachael ray
tonight i made my first 30 minute meal - - turkey club salad with avocado dressing (i substituted chicken for the turkey) the first thing i have to say is it took me an hour I do have a 10 month old to chase after but i think i might just be really slow at cutting veggies. (slow is good so i have all my fingers still) the best part about this meal is the dressing it is very simple 2 ripe avocados, zest of 1 lemon, 1 garlic clove, 2 tbl red wine vinegar and 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil. I always add sourcream to make avocados go further but this is a much healthier and better way to do this. I think it could have used 1 tbl red wine vinegar because that was a little strong. the worst part about this meal was the bacon - - it was turkey bacon and it would not crisp. i realized i bought a different type then what was recommended so next time i will buy ready crisp bacon! i am so excited for the next recipe to try and maybe someday i will actually make a meal in 30 min...probably not. the salad was very filling and very tasty!! the dressing would work great for a taco salad or any mexican meal. enjoy!

Comments

Unknown said…
Let me be the first to say. IT WAS GREAT!

Popular posts from this blog

In response to Who is Parsons Brown???

landing in atlantic city